This guide will show you how to set up a simple 2-way monday.com Salesforce integration between your boards and projects. You can use this guide to sync Salesforce tasks, opportunities or contacts to monday.com items or tasks. We’ll be using Unito’s no-code 2-way integration for Salesforce and monday.com which can either be set up in Unito Sync Platform or embedded directly from your monday.com board.
The benefit of Unito is that it’s designed for a non-technical users, so anyone on your team can set it up in minutes without needing to code. It’s also the leading integration platform on the market with 2-way sync and real-time automated updates between tools.
Here’s what our Salesforce and monday.com windows look like after syncing our opportunities and tasks in Unito:
Why sync Salesforce opportunities to monday.com?
The quick, easy answer is: to stop copy-pasting details between opportunities, contacts and tasks yourself and keep apps automatically up-to-date in real-time.
Here some popular use cases for this Unito flow:
- Send opportunity details from your CRM to a project management tool to get support from teams in other tools.
- Consolidate contact details from various apps to a master source of truth in your CRM; or update those other apps with your master data – and keep it that way with a live 2-way sync.
- Assign tasks from Salesforce to a freelancer in monday.com (or vice versa) without giving up access to the rest of your CRM.
Unito keeps your data encrypted from end-to-end
We understand how valuable your data is, which is why we take pride in being SOC 2 Type 2 certified and GDPR compliant. Your data is fully encrypted from end-to-end whenever you sync with Unito. Here’s more information about Unito’s security policies.
Before we connect monday.com and Salesforce to Unito
- Ensure you have the right permissions in both tools to access and modify information. Here are links to technical overviews of Unito’s monday.com and Salesforce integrations.
- If you’re creating a flow in monday.com, you’ll need to install the Unito app in your monday.com board. Here’s a guide on how to add Unito to your monday projects if you need a hand.
Add Unito to your monday.com workspace
Click here for instructions on how to add Unito to your monday.com workspace.
- Login to your monday.com account
- Then, select Board Power-Ups > Apps Marketplace
- Type Unito in the search field
- Click on the Unito app, then Add to your account
- Now, hit Install, verify your workspace and board and Add Feature
- Authorize monday.com then Authorize again (the first button authorizes monday.com in Unito, while the second authorizes Unito in monday.com)
- Click Got it.
Step 1. Connect a monday.com board and Salesforce organization to Unito
- Continue from monday.com or navigate to the Unito App and select +Create Flow.
- Select Start Here to connect your monday.com board and Salesforce.
- Choose the accounts you want to connect.
- When you connect each tool for the first time, make sure to authorize your accounts in Unito in order for data to sync properly.
- Specify which account, board, and project you wish to sync through Unito.
When you’re ready, click Confirm.
Here’s more information about authorizing your accounts in Unito.
Step 2. Tell Unito where to create new tasks, opportunities or contacts automatically
Flow direction tells Unito where to create new work items (e.g., tasks, opportunities, or contacts). Pick a source and destination tool with the directional arrows. Whenever you manually create a task in the source tool, Unito will automatically create a synced task in the destination and keep both up-to-date in real-time.
Step 3. Set rules on which items to sync between Salesforce and monday.com
Unito let’s you specify exactly which items (tasks, opportunities, etc.) to keep in sync between monday.com and Salesforce. You can apply filters using “if this, then that” logic to only sync data based on any field you choose, including: stage name, assignee, labels, even your custom fields.
Fields with single or multiple-select options (e.g., labels or assignee) are best since Unito can identify them all.
Variable fields with infinite options can only be set to “any” or “empty” triggers, which means if the field has any value in it, it will sync and won’t if it doesn’t.
As you can see above, you can also tell Unito where to put those newly-synced work items as soon as they appear in your other tool.
Step 4. Pick fields to sync between Salesforce and monday.com
Next, you’ll pick the specific fields to sync between your items. You’re effectively choosing individual relationships between fields in monday.com and Salesforce (e.g., you’ll sync labels, task names, assignees between tools).
If you select Auto-map, Unito will pre-populate a template of suggested field mappings which you can then adapt to your use case. Otherwise you can start from scratch.
You can click + Add mapping to sync new pairs of fields between monday.com and Salesforce. To do so, click Select a field. After you’ve chosen a field in the first board, Unito will suggest compatible matches in the second after you click on the drop-down menu.
Here’s what our auto-mapped table of linked fields looks like:
Since each field in monday.com can be named by the user, we recommend choosing names that are intuitive to you when matching them up with fields in Salesforce.
Sync custom fields to maximize your flow’s potential
Unito truly shines when you sync custom fields between tools. No other integration or automation solution on the market offers as much room for flexibility and personalization as our 2-way sync platform.
Here’s an example of a more in-depth field mapping table between Salesforce and ClickUp with custom fields:
You can even sync custom fields with drop-down menus. In the example below, you can see a “Project Type” custom field that was created to sync between monday.com and Salesforce:
Hit Confirm to proceed.
Step 5. Save, close, and launch your monday.com Salesforce integration
And that’s it! You’ve just completed our walkthrough to connect Salesforce with monday.com to sync tasks, opportunities or contacts with Unito. Congratulations! If you have any questions, don’t hesitate to reach out to our team by clicking the little chat box in the lower-right corner of your screen.
What’s next after integrating Salesforce and monday.com with Unito?
Learn more about our Salesforce opportunities integration here. You can also Duplicate this flow to sync more tasks, opportunities, or contacts between Salesforce and monday.com. Or you can connect monday.com boards with a range of other tools including:
- Google Calendar, Google Sheets
- Asana, Trello orJira
- HubSpot, Intercom or Notion
- 30+ other monday.com integrations
Want to try this for yourself?
Try Unito for 14 days, absolutely free.