At Unito Inc. (“Unito” or “we”), we recognize the need to protect the privacy of the personal information you provide to us with respect to your access and use of Unito’s website (www.unito.io) (the “Website”), applications (the “Application”) and our content and data linking platform and related services (the “Service(s)”).
- Protection of Your Information. We are accountable for the information in our custody. Therefore, when we collect or use your information, we will utilize commercially reasonable safeguards to ensure its protection. It should be noted that no security procedure is currently 100% effective. Should any breach of your personal information occur, we will inform you as soon as reasonably possible, as required by applicable law.
- Type and Purpose of Collection. We collect information at various points in the Website, Application or provision of the Services to facilitate its use by our customers. Specifically, two types of information are collected:
- Non-Personal Information: Upon accessing the Website, Application or Service, certain non-personal information will be automatically collected without your knowledge or consent, such as your IP address and the referring website (“Non-Personal Information”). We use Non-Personal Information to examine our traffic and to view how our customers use the Website, Application or Service. This type of information will not allow you to be personally identified. For example, we use “cookies”, which contains only certain statistical information. You can instruct your computer to inform you whenever a cookie is being sent, or you can disallow cookies through your web browser. If you do choose to disallow cookies, your experience on the Website or Application may be diminished, or your ability to choose some of the options on the Website or Application may be limited.We also automatically collect certain information when you use the Website or Application, such as a device identifier, MAC address, Internet Protocol (IP) address (if using a browser), operating system, the browser type, the address of a referring site and your activity on the Website or Application. This information is not treated as Personal Information unless we combine it with or link it to any of the personally identifiable information mentioned below.
- Identifying Personal Information: To utilize some portions of the Website, Application or Service, you must first provide personal information that will allow you to be identified (“Personal Information”). This type of information will not be collected without your consent. The purposes of the collection of Personal Information are the following:
- To sign in to the Website, Application or Service;
- To contact you;
- To administer your account;
- To establish a relationship with you;
- To facilitate your service with our affiliated service providers;
- To anticipate and resolve problems with your service;
- To understand your needs and desires vis-à-vis the Website, Application or Service;
- To update you on changes to our services or products, including new promotions.
We expressly acknowledge that we will not use your Personal Information for any other purposes without your consent. Further, we will only collect Personal Information to the extent necessary for the abovementioned purposes.
The Personal Information we collect will vary depending on how you are using the Website, Application or Service, but may include, without limitation: (i) your name, email address and photos; (ii) credit card information and charge history; (iii) unique identifiers such as user name, user ID, account number and password; (iv) preferences information such as product or content interests, communication or marketing preferences; (v) device information and data; (vii) Twitter, Google+ and Facebook identity; and (vii) age and gender.
Additionally, Personal Information may be used and disclosed to the extent Unito may deem reasonably necessary to enforce the terms of any agreement between you and Unito, or to protect the rights, property or safety of any person or entity.
- Right to Examine Information. You have the right to examine any of your Personal Information that we collect. Should you wish to examine such information, please send us a written request to: [email protected] We reserve the right to charge you a reasonable administrative fee to access your information, as permitted by applicable law. In certain cases we may not be able to provide you with access to all of your Personal Information (ex: if the information also pertains to the Personal Information of another user).
- Withdrawal of Consent. You may withdraw your consent to the collection of Personal Information at any time by sending a written request to [email protected] Upon receiving notice that you have revoked your consent, we will stop using your Personal Information within a reasonable time, which will vary depending on what information we have collected and for what purpose. Please note that we will send you an email confirmation upon receipt of your request. Therefore, if you do not receive a confirmation email, please contact us again with your request. If you do choose to withdraw such consent, your experience on the Website or Application or use of the Service may be diminished, or your ability to choose some of the options on the Website, Application or Service may be limited.
- Sharing Information. We will not sell, rent or disclose to outside parties the information we collect, save and except that we may share the collected information with other parties as follows:
- Affiliated Service Providers: We have agreements with various affiliated service providers to facilitate the functioning of the Website, Application and Service, with whom we may share the information we have collected. For example, we may share your credit card information with the credit card service provider to process your purchase. All administrative service providers that we use are required to have the same level of privacy protection as we have, and therefore we expect that your information will be handled with the same level of care that we employ.
- Other Users: Where you so select, we will share your information with other users on the Website, Application or Service (ex: if you share content or a community with another user).
- Social Sites: With certain social networking services, if you allow such sharing through the Website, Application or Service.
- Where required by law: We may share the collected information where required by law, specifically in response to a demand from government authorities where such demand meets the legal requirements.
- Agents, Consultants and Related Third Parties: Unito, like many businesses, sometimes hires other companies to perform certain business-related functions. Examples of such functions include mailing information, maintaining databases and processing payments. When we employ another company to perform a function of this nature, we only provide them with the information that they need to perform their specific function.
- Statistical Analysis: We may share Non-Personal Information and aggregated information with third parties for advertising or marketing purposes. No Personal Information will be shared in this manner.
- Transactions: In connection with, or during negotiations of, any merger, sale of Unito’s assets, financing or acquisition, or in any other situation where personal information may be disclosed or transferred as one of our business assets.
- External Links. The Website and Application contain links and references to other websites. We are not responsible for the collection, use and disclosure of information, or the privacy practices of such websites, and we expressly disclaim any liability relating thereto.
- Persons Under 18. The Website, Application and Service are not marketed toward persons under the age of 18. If Unito discovers that it has inadvertently collected Personal Information about individuals under the age 18, it may promptly delete such information.