In this guide, you’ll learn how to sync conversations from Intercom to boards in monday.com using Unito’s two-way, no-code integration. By connecting these tools, you’ll give your customer-facing teams the ability to bring attention to important Intercom conversations for everyone, even if they never go into Intercom. No manual updates and no copy-pasting necessary.
Why sync Intercom with monday.com?
Intercom is one of the most popular tools for customer-facing teams, probably because it’s an all-in-one solution. You can manage incoming tickets, build a help center, and more. But it’s not really the best task management platform, and other teams will rarely take the time to learn how it works. So how do you make sure everyone’s on the same page if most of your teams are in monday.com?
Unito’s integration automatically turns Intercom conversations into monday.com tasks and keeps everything in sync in both tools. It takes just a few minutes to set up, it keeps everything up to date, and it can even integrate the rest of your tool stack. It’s the best way to keep everyone in the loop, especially when it comes to keeping your customers happy.
Before connecting Intercom to monday.com
- Make sure your Intercom account has “Can install, configure, and delete apps” access turned on.
- Check that the Intercom conversations you want to sync are assigned to the team you’ll be syncing them from.
1) Add Unito to your monday.com workspace
- Login to your monday.com account
- Then, select Board Power-Ups > Apps Marketplace
- Type Unito in the search field
- Click on the Unito app, then Add to your account
- Now, hit Install, verify your workspace and board and Add Feature
- Authorize monday.com then Authorize again (the first button authorizes monday.com in Unito, while the second authorizes Unito in monday.com)
- Click Got it.
2) Connect Intercom to Unito and add your monday.com board
- Continue from monday.com or go to the Unito App and click +Create Flow.
- Then, click Start Here to connect your tools.
- Select +Add a tool to this flow in either column and choose monday.com.
- Then +Choose account to specify your monday.com account, and pick the board you’re working in.
- Repeat steps 3 and 4 to connect Intercom with Unito and follow the on-screen instructions.
- Click Confirm.
3) Set a flow direction between monday.com and Intercom
Flow direction determines how new work items are created by Unito. What does that mean? When connecting your Intercom conversations to your monday.com boards, flow direction will affect which one gets new work items from the other. For instance, a one-way flow from Intercom to monday.com would automatically create new monday.com tasks when you create new conversations in Intercom, but not the other way around. In contrast, a two-way flow would automatically create new work items in both directions.
Note: Later, you’ll be able to add field mappings to determine which fields will be kept updated in both tools — regardless of the flow direction you set here.
Select Confirm when you’ve chosen a flow direction.
4) Set conditions to filter specific task or conversations in Unito
This is where you can set up triggers to determine which actions taken in one tool will create new work items in the other.
You could, for instance, filter out all Intercom conversations that are assigned to a specific person, or only sync monday.com tasks from a certain group.
All you need to do is click Add a new trigger, pick the one you need, then choose the value you want to include in this rule (e.g. a specific Intercom assignee).
5) Set up field mappings
Fields represent the details of your Intercom conversations and monday.com tasks. Text, single-select, comments, and assignees are all examples of fields you can map with Unito.
First, you’ll be asked whether you want to set up field mappings from scratch or let Unito do this automatically. If you select the auto-map option, you can still change your mappings afterwards. If you prefer a DIY approach, you should start from scratch.
Your fields will be automatically mapped for two-way updates, but you can modify each individually if you prefer one-way updates in some cases. With two-way updates, changes made in either tool will automatically update the other. A one-way update restricts changes to a single direction.
Select +Add mapping, then Select a field in both tools to pair them together.
You can choose any field with a gear icon to map them further. Usually, this will apply to fields like dropdowns, which have multiple options.
Click Confirm when you’re satisfied with your field mappings.
6) Save, close and launch your monday.com – Intercom flow
And that’s it! You’ve just built a flow between Intercom and monday.com Congratulations!
If you followed the steps above, your flow will now:
- Automatically create new tasks in monday.com when new conversations come in through Intercom.
- Keep them up to date in both tools.
If you have any questions, please don’t hesitate to reach out and let us know.
What’s next after integrating monday.com with Intercom using Unito?
Now that you’ve set up your integration between monday.com and Intercom, you can replicate this process to connect all kinds of boards across all your workflows. Otherwise, here are some other ways you can use Unito with monday.com and Intercom:
- Automatically create follow-up tasks in monday.com from a Notion CRM
- Sync Google Calendar events to your monday.com boards
- Delegate tasks from monday.com to Asana, Trello, Jira or HubSpot
- Export monday.com data to Google Sheets
Ready to try this for yourself?
Try Unito for 14 days, absolutely free.