Unito’s 2022 in Review: New Integrations, Highlighted Features, and More
2022 has definitely been a big year. Despite a tough market, we’ve been pushing hard to make our vision of united work a reality. Let’s dive into everything Unito accomplished this year.
Unito’s 2 big milestones
Unito becomes SOC 2 Type 2 Certified
Seeing as how Unito syncs crucial data back and forth across more than 30 SaaS tools for over 5,000 organizations, keeping your information safe is crucial. That’s why we take the steps needed to maintain the highest security standards.
So achieving System and Organization Controls (SOC) 2 Type 2 compliance was a huge milestone for 2022. You can learn more about this certification here.
Unito announces its $20 million Series B
Of course, no milestone can compare to hitting Series B!
In a round led by the CDPQ’s Equity 253 fund, with investments from Rainfall Ventures and Investissement Québec as well as contributions from existing investors that include Bessemer Venture Partners, Tom Williams, and Mistral Ventures, Unito raised $20 million to make the future of working united across tools happen.
Thank you to every investor and every Unito customer for going on this journey with us.
You can get more details about the Series B — including what we’re planning to do with the funds — here.
Unito’s 5 most popular integrations
Google Calendar and Trello
We launched our Google Calendar integration in February, and our Trello Power-Up in April, and the reception has been amazing! Imagine being able to see all your meetings in one place, without jumping back and forth between Trello and Google Calendar. Curious? Here’s a full guide to this integration.
Unsurprisingly, this is still one of our most popular integrations. Trello’s ease of use makes it one of the most popular project management tools out there, and tons of Unito users use Unito to sync Trello cards between their boards. Here’s how.
Google Sheets and Trello
Our Google Sheets integration launched in the fall of 2021, but it’s really come into its own this year. We’ve been continually making improvements to everything from how dates and times get synced to adding a Google Sheet to your Unito flow with a URL. We’ve also created this free template you can use to automatically report on project status with Google Sheets and Trello.
Asana and Jira
Cross-functional project management has always been a huge focus for us when building new integrations. Unsurprisingly, there are tons of teams out there who want to collaborate on software development projects without necessarily collaborating in the same tool. Want to know what this integration looks like in action? Here’s a webinar all about it.
Asana and GitHub
Our first integration, and still one of our best. Project managers don’t want to have to go into GitHub just to check in on a software project’s progress, and pulling developers into Asana for a status update is a great way to ensure your next sprint only goes half as well as the last one. We recently recorded a brand new demo on this integration right here.
5 big new features released in 2022
Here’s a quick rundown of some of the biggest features Unito launched in 2022.
The Flow Preview App for Asana
Already syncing Asana tasks with other tools? We launched a companion app for Asana that lets you see how many work items those tasks are synced with — all without leaving Asana.
Flow duplication improvements
By duplicating a flow, you can create new flows for similar use cases — or multiple teams — in minutes. Now, a duplicated flow will save your field mappings and values.
New Help Center
We reworked the look, the structure, and the articles themselves to make it easier to find the help you need quickly. Check it out here.
Automatic field mapping toggle
When you map fields in a new flow, you can choose whether you want Unito to map them for you automatically or start from scratch.
8 new integrations launched in 2022
We’re constantly developing new integrations and bulking up the ones we’ve already released. Here’s what came down the pipe in 2022:
- Pipedrive: Sync people from Pipedrive to other tools and streamline your marketing sales workflows.
- Miro: Ever wish you could go from brainstorming to project planning without copying and pasting everything? Now you can.
- Microsoft Outlook: Get contacts from Microsoft Outlook into other tools, centralize customer data, and keep everyone on the same page.
- Mailchimp: Is the contact information your business depends on scattered across multiple tools? Sync your Mailchimp audience with the rest of your stack to get that data where you need it most.
- Google Calendar: How many times do you switch back and forth between Google Calendar and your other tools in a given day? With this integration, you can see the meetings and milestones you have coming up in any tool.
- Microsoft Excel: We launched our Google Sheets integration back in 2021, and we’ve seen how important it is to streamline reporting and centralize data. Now you can do that with Excel too.
- Salesforce opportunities: When our Salesforce integration first launched, you could only sync tasks with other tools. Now, you can sync contacts and opportunities.
- HubSpot tickets: With our fully-featured HubSpot integration, you can sync just about every work item to other tools. You used to be able to sync tasks and deals. Now you can sync tickets, too.
On to 2023
We’re thrilled to have made so much progress in 2022. Stay tuned for big changes in 2023.