Katharina Gambs is the Content Marketing Manager at Digistore24, an online sales platform with an integrated e-store and affiliate network. She describes herself as the interface between the marketing and IT teams.
That means she’s the one making sure that marketers are kept updated about features still in development. She also ensures that communication flows from the marketing side so that educational content, documentation, and how-to guides can be created on time.
Initial challenge: Maintaining visibility on marketing projects amid rapid scaling
As Digistore24 began to scale, visibility between teams became increasingly difficult to maintain. Katharina would check Jira every morning and copy/paste information from feature tickets manually into ClickUp, adapt the status manually, and then re-write the tickets to only highlight relevant content for her team.
Meanwhile, feature requests were being shared in Slack, then lost in conversation, or submitted multiple times by multiple sources accidentally. The team quickly recognized a need to optimize communication between teams before the situation got worse.
“The issue we were having was a lack of automation. There was a lot of time spent manually communicating and trying to figure out how to work efficiently together with teams in different tools.”Katharina Gambs, Content Marketing Manager, Digistore24
Solution: Connecting ClickUp, Jira and Slack to Unito for automated oversight
After following ClickUp’s advice, Katharina found Unito and began experimenting with her first workflow to connect the disparate tools and streamline dev work between ClickUp and Jira. She started by syncing issues with tasks so that features in development would be visible to the marketing department. She then used that list to leave comments for her team indicating which new features should be communicated, to whom, where, and how.
Katharina later integrated Slack to dispatch documentation tasks through the company’s primary communication channel. A process that was performed manually and involved hours each week, was now completely automated.
“Now I can easily check the list of features and share it with my team. No one else needs to spend time double-checking, reviewing tickets, or asking for help. We found this extremely useful since Jira tickets often include additional information that can sometimes be overwhelming for people.”Katharina Gambs, Content Marketing Manager, Digistore24
Results: Massive internal adoption rate for an estimated $2,500 USD saved per week in operational costs
- Dev work is now unified between ClickUp and Jira with users in the former now able to submit feature requests in the latter by creating ClickUp tasks that become Jira issues.
- The team in Jira can keep other departments in the loop simply by completing Jira issues, since Unito automatically updates associated ClickUp tasks.
- The marketing team now has access to real-time updates on dev work so they can better plan launches, set priorities, and prepare accurate estimates on resource allocations for each feature release.
- Project managers no longer need to switch between apps to coordinate work with different teams, or copy/paste information since both tools are now fully integrated using Unito.
- Unito’s internal estimates of this customer’s usage (a combination of items in sync and users working with Unito workflows) calculates approximately 30+ hours and $2,500 USD saved per week in time that would otherwise be spent on manual reporting, data entry and other tedious work.
“I’ve launched two flows with Unito so far. I have another two I’m planning to launch. On one project, I would say I’ve saved at least 45 minutes per day.”Katharina Gambs, Content Marketing Manager, Digistore24
Ready to automate your processes just like Katharina?
Try Unito for 14 days, absolutely free.
Digistore24 is a full-service online sales platform with one of the world’s largest affiliate marketplaces to
help customers grow & scale their business. They operate Digistore24, a platform for businesses to
purchase digital products and certain physical products, as well as Coachannel and an online
platform for building websites, funnels, and member areas to set up online businesses. Their vision is to
empower people to build their own online business with freedom and flexibility gained by remote work,
while reaching millions of customers worldwide.