Few organizations can get away with not having a chat app. It’s a platform that enables casual conversations, project planning, and more, all asynchronously. Slack is one of the most popular of these platforms, but while having crucial conversations is a breeze, getting them out isn’t. If you want a better way to integrate Slack with your tool stack, this integration is for you.
With Unito, you get the deepest two-way integrations on the market for some of the market’s top work tools. With the right integration, you can sync updates across all the tools your organization relies on in just a few clicks. Read on to learn more about Unito’s Slack integration.
What is Slack?
Slack is one of the most popular business messaging apps out there. It brings people, teams, and even whole organizations together in dedicated channels. Everyone can collaborate more effectively and make decisions faster through instant, asynchronous communication. It’s faster than email, less annoying than a phone call, and you can access it from anywhere.
Slack is so ubiquitous that there’s not one tool it’s usually combined with more than others; it slots into any stack. As a communication tool, it’s used by project managers, individual collaborators of all stripes, and more.
Things you can do with our Slack integration:
- Map supported fields: Unito automatically maps similar fields, but you’ll be able to customize mappings for messages, replies, and more. Check out our Help Center for more information on supported fields.
- Populate tasks with conversational context: By syncing Slack with your work management tools, you can get more context on your tasks without changing tools. Messages can automatically be synced over, meaning you’re still in the loop without checking Slack.
Things you can’t do (yet!):
- Only messages created by the Unito Bot will be updated. This is a Slack security limitation.
- Rich text support: Slack only supports markdown-style rich text, which isn’t compatible with all tools. For example, you could sync a Bold message to Asana without any trouble, but it might show up as *Bold message* in other tools.
- Sync reactions: This integration won’t let you sync reactions just yet.
- Syncing historical data: Each flow will only sync the 500 most recent messages. Note that this limit doesn’t apply to replies, but only messages. For more information on this, check out our Help Center.
We use lite integrations to build better full integrations, so your feedback will be essential! If you run into any issues or want to let us know which features we should include, please don’t hesitate to reach out to us.